We are looking for a new Scrum Master to join our growing tech team!
You will be helping and ensuring that the team follows the agreed processes in the Scrum framework and encouraging the team to improve in their Agile adoption.
Which in practice means that you will:
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Protect the team from outside disturbance
- Remove impediments
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assess the Scrum Maturity by coaching the team towards higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Be part of the building of a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Things you need to be successful in besides to know Scrum as your own pockets:
- Passion to build the best product for employee communication
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was using Scrum (NOT Scrum in name only)
- Very good understanding of Agile values and principles and experience and willingness to live (work) by those values
- Experience applying patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework (e.g. numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats etc.)
- You probably have at least First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) or at least corresponding knowledge
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc
- Experience from Agile transformations would be nice to have
- Able to sell ideas and motivate people
- Ability to influence without formal authority / being a manager
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Somewhat technical background will help you to be successful in this role. In an ideal case, you would have background in software testing, development and/or UX research and you would be interested to help in any of those areas too if there is time besides fulfilling the expectations of a Scrum master role
We believe that without our people, Smarp would only be a bunch of laptops - and that’s why it’s super important to find talented professionals who fit our culture. We like spending time together; laughter and chatting can be heard every day at the office and we want to keep it that way. Our six values lead our way of working, we live by them every day, and we want to see those same values in the new Smarpers as well.
- Take initiative and ownership - get shit done, be accountable #GSD
- Be ambitious and create your own opportunities - Fear of Missing Out #FOMO
- Work smart, work hard - high impact, short time #BESMARP
- Be a team player, collaborate, have fun #COLLABORATE
- Get out of your comfort zone - magic happens there #NOPAINNOGAIN
- Be part of the solution - positive attitude #SOLVER
What’s in it for you:
- According to our current employees, the best things about Smarp are the lovely colleagues: you will get to be a part of a highly international (over 20 nationalities), ambitious bunch of Smarpers with whom you can challenge yourself and have a good time doing it
- We are actually interested into which direction you want to develop yourself and will provide support for that
- No micromanaging: you will have the full ownership of your own work - with great power comes great responsibility
- Key position in the company with high impact on the quality of our SaaS
- Technically up-to date working equipment: within our tech team we rely on Apple
- Company provided benefits that hopefully supports your working days as well as free time activities
- Refreshments at the office up for grabs + a pool table & Play Station
You will be a team member in an ambitious, fast-growing, international start-up with an amazing spirit >> check us on Instagram and Facebook. You can also have a look of some behind the scenes material from us>>
We promise to be in contact with you within a maximum of two weeks after you sent your application. For the communication we use emails so remember to check them regularly. If you have any questions, please contact our Talent Acquisition Lead, Poola via poola.isomaki(a)smarp.com or +358 40 749 6937.
What is Smarp?
Smarp is a leading knowledge sharing SaaS provider with operations in Helsinki, Stockholm, London and New York with more than 50 full-time team members. At Smarp, we're creating the world's best Knowledge Sharing platform, ensuring knowledge is not locked away in silos, and making it simple and rewarding to share. Made for employees, and scalable to any organization, Smarp is the easiest way to create a well-informed and influential workforce. The Smarp employee app brings company news and content to the fingertips of employees, keeping your people up-to-date, engaging them to communicate and helping them to share their knowledge with their own social networks.
Look for more info from our homepage: www.smarp.com