Developers ahoy! Smarp is looking for a talented Backend Engineer to our growing team in Helsinki. You will be in a fast learning environment where you will be part of our super talented tech team. We’re looking for a person who has an endless thirst to learn and build our backend for Smarp – the ultimate employee advocacy platform.
If chosen, you would together with the team:
- Use language(s) of your preference (Golang, NodeJS, Java, Python, etc.) to continuously build a clean, testable, scalable microservices backend used by Smarp app by utilizing CQRS and event sourcing (Kafka)
- Spin-off Smarp backend frequently used modules to open source
- Optimize all (Postgre)SQL and/or OrientDB queries using `EXPLAIN`
- Maintain API gateway (GraphQL)
- Minimize backend to database roundtrips
- Work with third party APIs
- Keep track of changes from third party APIs
- Perform debugging, quality control testing and response to user complaints
- Stay up-to-date on new technology, development tools and emerging standards
- Maintain documentation of RESTful endpoints and APIs to be used by (web) frontend and mobile apps
- Have the chance to show your potential for team lead position in future (if interested)
What we offer:
- Fast-growing, international, investor-backed start-up with a kick-ass sales and tech teams
- Chance to leave your mark and have some of the world’s leading companies use your work
- Growth with the company
- Multicultural work environment, check out our fun loving team in action>>
- Flexibility and work-life balance
- Competent development team and potential leadership responsibilities
- Latest yet compatible and mature technology
- Contribution to and recognition by open source community
- Business/technical meetups and conferences
Apply now and you are one step closer to be a Smarper!
In your cover letter, please mention any relevant experience so far and link to your silver or gold certificate from https://codility.com/programmers/challenges/ (any programming language accepted).
What is Smarp?
Smarp is a leading employee advocacy SaaS provider with operations in Helsinki, Stockholm, London and New York with more than 50 full-time team members. Smarp exists to inspire every professional to be an influencer by making knowledge sharing simple and rewarding. At it’s core, Smarp helps employees to discover and share professional content to their external social media networks, which creates value for themselves as professionals, the employer and their networks. Smarp is the number 1 choice for employee advocacy software, see how it works >>>
Look for more info from our homepage: www.smarp.com